Names of God in the Bible:
- Jehovah - To be, or "being" who is absolutely self-existent, the One who in Himself possesses essential life, permanent existence.
- El-Shaddai - God Almighty, all-powerful, the mighty, the power to be able
to do anything and everything at any time.
- Adonai - The Lord, the Master; reveals the relationship which God sustains toward His creatures and what He expects of them.
- Jehovah-Jireh - God will provide. "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, in that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him". 1 John 4:9.
- Jehovah-Rophe - Jehovah heals. Mankind is physically sick and is in constant need
of a physician, of healing. According to the Old Testament, God, Himself the one who heals, has used sickness and disease present in the earth as an instrument of judgment upon sin.
- Jehovah-Nissi - Jehovah my banner. The Lord Jesus said to Nicodemus: "And as Moses
lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be
lifted up" (John 3:14). So the cross of Christ is our banner of God's
mighty power in redemption and in our warfare.
- Jehovah-Shalom - Jehovah is peace. Peace is everywhere spoken of in the New Testament
as from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. It may be had
only by reconciliation with God through the blood of Christ who is the Jehovah-shalom of the New Testament.
Copyright © 1996 - Computer Solutions & Insights, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - CSI Access Internet Services